Recently I was asked a question on Quora –
So I started to investigate the reasons why didn’t such an option exist while playing YouTube videos in Firefox.
Soon I came to the conclusion that it was just because of the difference in HTML5 developement on part of Firefox and Chrome.
Opera and Firefox do not include H.264 video support in their HTML5 implementation. They are throwing their support in for Ogg Theora. Youtube currently does not have Ogg Theora encoded videos, and may never. Apple is backing H.264 to be the standard for HTML5 video, and Google is backing both.
So here’s how you can get the playback speed options while playing YouTube videos in Firefox
Incoming search terms:
- firefox video playback speed
- changing youtube playback speed firefox
- firefox will not get you tube video speed
- how to change speed on youtube
- how to change speed on youtube firefox
- How to change the speed of youtube videos on firefox