The Yureka is the first smartphone under the new Yu brand which is owned by Micromax. The device runs on customizable CyanogenMod 11 and has a pretty attractive entry-level price. It will be exclusively available on Amazon India, and it will go on sale in the second week of January. And registrations will begin tomorrow on Amazon India.
Rahul Sharma said “The future is moving from an app driven experience to a services drive experience and YU in partnership with Cyanogen is a platform that is going to lead that transformation. We will work directly with developers’ community and brands to build services right on the OS layer and offer a differentiated consumer experience.”
It is sported with a 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony Xmor sensor, and features like time-lapse mode, and support for 720p slow mo video recording at 60fps, and a 5-megapixel shooter upfront.
As far as battery is concerned, it can go up to seven hours on LTE, and up to 210 hours on standby mode.
The CyanogenMod 11 based on Android 4.4.4 OS includes some features with increased focus on personalization and security.
Micromax Yu Yureka specs at a glance
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Dual SIM Support
- CyanogenMod 11 based on Android 4.4
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Full HD recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE support, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 2500mAh battery