Ever think that your clicked photograph can be on official release of next Ubuntu as wallpaper.?
The bi-annual competition is open to everyone. So if you think that your photographic prowess or illustrative ideas are good enough to grace millions of users’ desktops this contest offers you the perfect opportunity to prove it.
As in the past, submissions are to be collected via a special Ubuntu Wallpaper pool on photo-sharing site Flickr, and only one entry is permitted per-user.
With this limit in mind here are a few things to consider when taking or selecting an image for your submission:
- Don’t create busy images, or fill them with too many shapes and colours
- Use a single point of focus; a single area that draws the eye in
- Avoid having anything on the left and top edges as this will clash with Unity interface elements
- Test your image at different aspect ratios to make sure it ‘works’
- Minimum resolution needs to be 2560 x 1600
Further composition guidelines can be found on the Ubuntu Wiki.