Music is the soul of every human being. Music is Life and Lyrics are the Story of it.
What is World Music day?
World Music Day is also known as Fête de la Musique. World Music Day is a music festival.
Initiative of World Music Day
Fete de la Musique firstly took place in England. But now World Music Day is spread over the entire globe. Fete de la Musique is actually a Lebanese music festival. World Music Day was firstly initiated by France. It was firstly ideated by French Dance and Music director Maurice Fleuret for the sake of Minister of Culture Jack Lang during the time of 1981. Though the festival took place in the year 1982.
When World Music Day is celebrated?
World Music Day is celebrated every year on 21st June.
Why World Music Day is celebrated?
- Goal of World Music Day festival is to make propaganda of music in various manners.
- Novice and expert musicians are motivated to give their performances in the streets.
- The slogan Faites de la musique, which means “Make music” and homophone of Fête de la Musique, is utilized to make the music promotion.
- Several music concerts are arranged at free of cost.This concert provides the platform for the public attaining all the musical genres.
- The major qualification is to get the sanction from the official Fete de la Musique organization located in Paris that every concert should be accessible at free of cost to the public.
- Though it’s not mandatory that musicians also play at free of cost, but many of them do so.
- There is no restriction for noise during the night of this music festival and it is also allowed by French law.
- The musicians without getting any fright play their music whole night and neighbors do not have the right to call the cop due to loudness of music.
How is World Music Day celebrated?
In order to build peace worldwide by the means of music, this gala of music festival is celebrated joyfully worldwide.
Thus, celebration of World Music Day involves:
- Arranging speech of leading composers, musicologists and interpreters in order to gather the knowledge based on the essence of music and recent scenario of music.
- Arranging seminars of artists
- Organizing music competitions and quizzes
- Arranging different exhibitions
- Photographs typically based on musical themes
- Giving invitation to the delegations of musicians from other national committees in order to ask for their participation during World Music Day.
Top 50 tracks for your World Music Day Playlist(Complete list here):
- Like A Rolling Stone by Bob Dylan
- (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones
- Imagine by John Lennon
- What’s Going On by Marvin Gaye
- Respect by Aretha Franklin
- Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys
- Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry
- Hey Jude by The Beatles
- Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
- What’d I Say by Ray Charles
- My Generation by The Who
- A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke
- Yesterday by The Beatles
- Blowin’ In The Wind by Bob Dylan
- London Calling by The Clash
- I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles
- Purple Haze by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
- Maybellene by Chuck Berry
- Hound Dog by Elvis Presley
- Let It Be by The Beatles
- Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen
- Be My Baby by The Ronettes
- In My Life by The Beatles
- People Get Ready by The Impressions
- God Only Knows by The Beach Boys
- A Day In The Life by The Beatles
- Layla by Derek And The Dominos
- (Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding
- Help! by The Beatles
- I Walk The Line by Johnny Cash
- Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin
- Sympathy For The Devil by The Rolling Stones
- River Deep – Mountain High by Ike & Tina Turner
- You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’ by The Righteous Brothers
- Light My Fire by The Doors
- One by U2
- No Woman, No Cry by Bob Marley & The Wailers
- Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones
- That’ll Be The Day by Buddy Holly
- Dancing In The Street by Martha And The Vandellas
- The Weight by The Band
- Waterloo Sunset by The Kinks
- Tutti Frutti by Little Richard
- Georgia On My Mind by Ray Charles
- Heartbreak Hotel by Elvis Presley
- Heroes by David Bowie
- Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon And Garfunkel
- All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix
- Hotel California by Eagles
- The Tracks Of My Tears by The Miracles